Friday, February 11, 2011

Random Book Questions

Random Book Questions. This is questions from It all starts with a book.

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack:
Not usually. If I do it would be something like chips, popcorn, or Skittles.

What is your favorite drink while reading?
Usually water. I drink a lot of water anyway so it’s only natural. If I am craving something else then it would be that.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
NO, NO, NO. The idea of writing in books horrifies me. I didn’t even highlight in my textbooks.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?
I use both an index card and a bookmark at the same time. Bookmark because it’s pretty and an index card (s) for notes. Dog-ear pages…are you kidding me. I loaned a book to a friend and noticed she dog-eared a page. I was more than a little upset. Needless to say, I won’t lend her any of my new books.

Fiction, non-fiction, or both?
Fiction 99% of the time.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of a chapter, or can you stop anywhere?
I can stop anywhere.

Are you the type of person to throw a book across the room or on the floor if the author irritates you?
No but I will swear out loud or put it down for awhile.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop and look it up right away?
No. I may make a note to look it up later but usually I can figure it out.

What are you currently reading?
Thong on Fire by Noire

What is the last book you bought?
I don’t remember it has been a long time. I want to buy new books all the time but I have so many to read pile that I can’t justify a new book.

Are you the type of person that reads one book at a time, or can you read more than one?
One printed book and an audio book.

Do you have a favorite time/place to read?
No. I can read anywhere. Any time though I find myself read more in the afternoon.

Do you prefer series books or stand alones?
Doesn’t matter to me. I do enjoy a good series.

Is there a specific book or author you find yourself recommending over and over?
Harry Potter series. Alex Cross series.

How do you organize your books? (by genre, title, author's last name, etc.)
Okay. I have one tall bookcase it holds romances (triple stacked). The last shelf holds mysteries. Two small bookcases. One holds African-American authors and the other holds everything else (double stacked). Then on those bookcases, books I have read are placed in the back of the shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment